Minimal Access, Bariatric & General Surgery
Maternity Services & Luxurious Labour Delivery Room (LDR)
New Born Intensive Care (NICU)
Patient from Laxmi Nagar, was treated at Sehgal Neo Hospital by Dr. Mridu Jain Sehgal & Dr. Shubham Garg from the Department of Paediatrics & Neonatology.view all
Importance of Healthy Breakfast
Eating breakfast is important for everyone, but especially for children. Skipping meals, especially breakfast can actually make weight control more difficult. Breakfast skippers tend to eat more food than usual at the next meal, or nibble on high calories snacks to stave off hunger.
While adults needs to eat breakfast each day to perform their best, kids need it even more. Their growing bodies and developing brains need regular refueliing often, from food. When kids skip breakfast, they don't get what they need to be their best. Eating a wholesome, nutritious morning meal will probably save your time in the long run. By recharging the brain and body, you will be more efficient in just about everything you do.
Eating a healthy breakfast is beneficial because it helps in:-
- Weight Control - Eating a healthy breakfast can reduce hunger through out the day, and help people make better food choices at other meals.
- It gives you a more nutritionally complete diet, higher in nutrients, vitamins & minerals.
- Improved concentration & performance.
- More strength & endurance to engage in physical activity.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
Choosing the Right Breakfast Foods
A healthy breakfast meal should contain a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein, low fat dairy.
Some quick & healthy breakfast includes:-
- A veggie omelette & a piece of whole wheat toast.
- Smoothie made with fruits and low fat yogurt.
- South Indian dishes for e.g. Idli sambhar, dosa sambhar.
- Besan Cheela Stuffed with veggies and a whole wheat toast.
- Paneer patty
- Hard boiled egg & a banana
- Oats porridge with fruits.
- Spouts chaat with fruits and vegetables.